Andrew is a talented and dedicated employee. Anita, his HR business partner, has just found out Andrew is looking for a new job. Why? Andrew is sick of the conflict which is splitting his team. Anita is meeting with Andrew today. What can she do to influence his decision?
- Point out the benefits of learning to resolve conflict
- Explain your company’s dispute resolution process
- Help the employee move past ‘stay or leave’ thinking
- Coach for rational problem solving
- Provide resources on managing conflict assertively
- Many people don’t know how to manage the emotional impact of conflict at work. HR practitioners can help by providing access to video resources or articles on conflict resolution. For example, Anita could suggest Andrew view my free video Fast Ways To Resolve Conflict. Or she could send him my free ebook Conflict in Teams: Your Guide to Sorting it Out.
- Offer mediation, training or coaching
Do you need to source high quality conflict resolution training? Contact Eleanor Shakiba now.